Electrolux Floor Care Warranty
Electrolux South Africa (Pty) Ltd., (‘Electrolux’) warrants to the original purchaser (‘the Purchaser’) that the appliance identified on this booklet is free from defects in the material or workmanship under normal use and service subject to the following conditions:
- This warranty, remains valid for a period of two years in respect of appliances used for domestic purposes only. Any Electrolux domestic appliance used in a commercial capacity will not be covered by the warranty
- The Purchaser shall refer the appliance repair to any Electrolux branch or Electrolux authorized service agent and nowhere else. On referral for repair in accordance with the warranty as aforesaid Electrolux shall, at its opinion, if satisfied that the condition herein set out have been complied with, replace or repair the appliance without cost to the Purchaser.
- The Purchaser shall use only genuine Electrolux accessories. Without limiting the generality of the a foregoing such accessories shall include dust bags, filters, drive belts, flex pipes and attachments. This warranty does not include Vacuum Bags, filters, flex pipe or similar perishable parts
- This warranty does not apply to light bulbs, external electrical connections, flex, and all other items where the length of life depends upon the use and care given. Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing such items shall include belts, filters, brushes and bags fitted to the polishers and vacuum cleaners.
- This warranty shall only apply to appliances purchased in and retained for use in South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana and Swaziland.
- The Purchaser shall not remove the serial number of the appliance.
- Electrolux undertakes that all goods supplied by it shall conform to the specifications of the same except insofar as these are necessarily modified by Electrolux from time to time. Electrolux does not warrant or give any representation of any nature in respect of any appliances supplied by it or the materials from which those appliances were made, or the workmanship in the making of these appliances or the fitness of those appliances for any purpose whether or not that purpose is known to Electrolux.
- Electrolux shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever whether direct or indirect, consequential or otherwise, sustained as a result of any appliance being defective or not confirming to the description thereof, or as a result of improper use of the appliance (which, without limiting the generality thereof, shall include the use of incorrect voltage or faults in the house wiring, improper use of the controls and failure to use the appliance in accordance with the operating instructions), or as a result of any other cause whatsoever.
- Abuse of the appliance by the purchaser will render this warranty invalid. Improper use of the appliance and failure to use the appliance or maintain the appliance in accordance with relevant instructions will be considered as abuse.
- The Purchaser shall, when referring the appliance for warranty repair as aforesaid, produce cash slip, hire purchase documents or invoice together with the instruction leaflet in which this warranty is contained.
- Electrolux shall be entitled to charge the Purchaser for services rendered outside of the warranty period or for any quotations given when no fault is found, for any replacement parts supplied and which are not covered by the warranty.
- The above conditions will render this warranty of no force and effect.
- No understandings or representations, which are not in writing and accepted by Electrolux or Specified in writing, are binding on it.
- All implied warranties in respect of the appliance are expressly excluded.
- Batteries supplied with your appliance are a consumable item. Unless the battery is shown as defective, when used under normal conditions, Electrolux warrants the battery for 12 months. Reduction in battery runtime due to battery age or use is considered normal is not a defect and is not covered by this warranty.
FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT WWW.ELECTROLUX.COM
ELECTROLUX SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD
3 ABERDEEN ROAD, INDUSTRIAL SITES, BENONI, 1501
P.O. BOX 389, BENONI, 1500
TEL: 011 897 4600 or 0800 222 825